Neighbors & Smith
1801 Market Street; Camp Hill, PA 17011
MAKING place on market
- Market Street, Camp Hill, Cumberland County, PA
- Property Size: 40,000 SF on 1.2 acres
- Total Suites: 15
- PDF Drawings:
“We’re excited to introduce Neighbors & Smith as a focal point in the Camp Hill community,” says Rick Jordan III, president and CEO. Our principle of ‘We don't outsource our eyes’ holds particular meaning with our newest acquisition and redevelopment at 1801 Market Street in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, directly across the street from our corporate headquarters.”
The place name is a continuation of the company’s longstanding mission of Commitment to Community. Opportunities for Enterprise.™ with an emphasis on “Neighbors.” As central Pennsylvania's newest neighborhood retail and office location, this walkable destination will be the heartbeat of Camp Hill Borough’s revitalized business district.
“In business, the first name of a company is generally perceived as the biggest stakeholder. We believe our neighbors are the biggest stakeholders in our redevelopment, and we've positioned them first in the name. We know how often people say, ‘Where do you work? Where do you shop?’ We want our new tenants to be proud of their space and their address. The Smith name is a historic nod to our heritage within the LB Smith Company. In 2018, we are celebrating our 100th year as a corporation and Neighbors & Smith is the perfect symbol of our roots and our evolution," says Jordan III.
Place making is vital to strong, dynamic communities, and the Smith Land team is excited about tenant opportunities, walkable communities, new retail, and economic growth. “We want Neighbors & Smith to be a gathering space for conversation, coffee, connections, work, shopping, and culture,” says Jordan III.
Neighbors & Smith is slated for construction in Summer 2018 and will provide untapped growth potential for small businesses and offices looking for space to grow and scale.
Recognized as a Top Ten Best Place to Start a Business in Pennsylvania, Camp Hill is a compelling address for women-owned small businesses. “We're excited to retain seven of the eight existing small business tenants at the site. The eighth is relocating to larger space at the West Shore Plaza. Of those tenants, all but one is a women-owned small business—that's a signal of a thriving environment for startups and retail," says Rick III.
Project Facts and Updates
- Smith Land acquired four connected commercial properties at 1801, 1845, 1847, and 1849 Market Street in December with plans to transform the block.
- The proposed redevelopment plan calls for 35,000 to 40,000 square feet of retail and office space spread across two connected two-story buildings with ground-level retail.
- Little Black Dress, Body Logic, Underneath It All, One Good Woman, Sweet 504, Molly Bee Toys, Mitrani, and Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation would move to the new building, while Just Plain Yoga Studio, another current tenant, plans to move to the nearby West Shore Plaza, also owned by Smith Land.
- Most of the available spaces will range in size from 1,200 to 1,500 square feet.